We are looking for a Sr. Project Coordinator / Ambassador to join React Native / GAAD Pledge Accessibility initiative. This will be a long-term part-time remote engagement.
- Be the main liaison between A11y and React Native / Facebook communities
- Communicate with and gather requirements from A11y industry and community of users with disabilities to identify unknown A11y issues
- Prioritize community requirements and expectations for optimal solutions
- Communicate project milestones to open source and A11y communities
- Advanced Github administration for project management and community communication purposes
- Triage management – escalating major A11y issues to the Facebook engineering team
- Strong understanding of open source software culture and community expectations, i.e., how to effectively communicate and provide feedback in the GitHub community.
- Proficiency with GitHub features for triaging and managing issues and projects.
- Experience working with React Native or a similar framework.
- Experience building or testing assistive technology experiences on iOS or Android.
- Technical understanding of either the iOS or Android accessibility APIs.
Nice to haves:
- Experience starting, organizing, and leading open source software related projects.
- Experience building React Native applications, could be working as designer, engineer, product manager, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of multiple accessibility services and assistive technologies on iOS and Android.
- Experience analyzing root causes of accessibility defects in React Native applications.
- Strong working knowledge of accessibility APIs on iOS and Android, including some understanding of the differences between them.
- Working knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 or 2.2
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank everyone interested in this part-time, contract role. Only those who have relevant experience will be contacted for an interview.
About GAAD Pledge
The GAAD Pledge is a commitment made by organizations and developers to make accessibility a core value of their digital products. The GAAD Pledge is open to all organizations and can be taken throughout the year as a long-term commitment to accessibility. You can learn more about the GAAD Pledge here diamond.la/GAADPledge.
About Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD)
Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD), as it is known, is celebrated the third Thursday every May. The purpose of GAAD is to get everyone talking, thinking and learning about digital access/inclusion and people with different disabilities. Additional information can be found at www.globalaccessibilityawarenessday.org/